Spanish to English translations
I am a British freelance translator, specialising in medicine. My language pair is Spanish (Spain and Latin America) to UK English.
Fields of work
Medical translations account for about 90% of my work. Texts that I translate in this field include:
- SmPCs (Summary of Product Characteristics), PLs (Package Leaflet) and labelling
- clinical trial protocols
- informed consent forms
- case reports for publication in medical journals
- clinical practice guidelines
- ADR (Adverse Drug Reaction) reports
- websites for private clinics
The remaining 10% of what I do is spread between the following subjects:
- Tourism (hotel websites, conference programmes)
- Classical music (concert reviews, CD inserts)
- Sport (tennis, F1 and football)
In 2012 I translated approximately 560,000 words in total.